Click to enter.

 

Woodland Cemetery

            In September of 1870, an ordinance was passed by the Ironton City Council to purchase land for a cemetery. The site for Woodland Cemetery was purchased by Dr. Orin C. Newton in February 1871. At that time, the land was called “Old Judge Newton Farm.” It included fifty-nine acres and cost $10,000.00. In the same month, Engineer Grove plaid out the plots for the cemetery. Woodland was dedicated in 1871.